Today is a special day...Bryce turned 5 today! It is amazing how fast time goes by, as I am sure all of you that have children know. I set back tonight and think back to the day he was born and then on, where did the time go?? I had a few moments where tears filled my eyes, to think, my baby is 5??? WOW!! He is such a sweet boy, he has his moments, but for the most part so kind and sweet. I remember the day I brought him home from the hospital...Seems like yesterday! My favorite moment with him was the first time he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I Love You"...I will never forget that particular moment! I have had lots of fun moments and wonderful memories of him growing up to this point. Just doesn't seem like he should already be 5.
He had a good birthday week actually. Brett's days off are Tuesday and Wednesdays, so I took off the 15-17th this week. Tuesday we took the boys camping with some friends of ours. We were originally going to go camping and canoing, but with the waters high this year, we decided to just go camping close to home. Bryce enjoyed himself, and really enjoys the out doors for the most part. We went boat riding, cooked at our camp site, slept in a tent, and he went swimming and he actually let us let him go. He had his life coat on and decided that maybe he would try to swim with out us holding him...of course I say go for it...he did great, and really enjoyed it! Wednesday we just hung out at the lake most of the day, then went to Grandma Mary's and Pa Pa Dean's that evening to eat dinner and ride the ponies. He enjoyed this...He got to spend some time with his cousins Nathan and Cody!
Today, July 17th, his actual b-day, we took the boys to Chuck-E-Cheeses for pizza and playing! He loves that place! He had a good day...he got to wear a pin on his shirt that said I'm 5 years old today!:) Too cute!:) I can't believe the people that actually noticed it!:) He was so excited to receive a Smart Cycle from us...it is a bike that you ride and you hook it up to the TV, and it is all about learning, letters and number recognition, patterning, shapes...you name it! He loves it!:) Tonight we ate at McDonald's, his favorite place, Nana and Pa went with the three of us...he had fun! Anyway...I am rambling...Just wanted to share with you all what we did with Bryce for his 5th b-day! We are having a party this Sat. for him, and it will be TRANSFORMERS!!:) He loves them! I will post pictures of his party later!;) Hope all is well, and thank you to all who wished our little man a Happy Birthday today...he thought it was so cool! He thinks it is neat that he is now a whole hand old, as he says;) Take Care and hope all is well with everyone:)
Love To All,
The Brown's
Brett, Michelle, Bryce and Payton
No comments:
Post a Comment